Davidfes 27 May
WalterHalse 12 Jan
Kittiez 11 Jan
Noob 22 Nov
Moeazy 07 Nov
Moe 07 Nov
Loregrim 18 Oct
Melyanna 13 Oct

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 614 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:42 am 
Forum Newb
Forum Newb

I personally still need to loot one more essence of clarity to be able to skip straight to Xavius so wouldn't be opposed to running normal not sure about anyone else.

Zatanna-Mage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:09 pm 
Royal
Royal

Morganlefay wrote:
I personally still need to loot one more essence of clarity to be able to skip straight to Xavius so wouldn't be opposed to running normal not sure about anyone else.

Zatanna-Mage

Xavius loot tables aren't good enough for it to be valuable to skip straight to him IMHO, but we may do another normal clear. We'll see.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:03 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

After spendnig 300 karma on a necklace last week so I could enchant it without any real risk of an upgrade coming along soon, after enchanting it I did an LFR and had an 875 titanforged version of the same neck drop with a socket, and then I was fort of forced to enchant that too. It has a happy and sad day for Bonevader. The moral of the story is that while we're doing heroics, LFR's have an off chance of dropping better gear and you might want to do the LFR's before coming to raid to avoid reliving my emerald nightmare!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:33 am 
Royal
Royal

Bonevader wrote:
to avoid reliving my emerald nightmare!

I see what you did there :)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:30 pm 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Surprised there haven't been many absinthe jokes about "Emerald Nightmare" yet

Currently Leveling or Re-Leveling___________________Lorthian-Deathwing[Druid(Resto/Boomkin)]
Worldender-Deathwing[Death Knight(Blood/Unholy)]____Korthren-Deathwing[Demon Hunter(Vengeance/Havoc)]
Kamegeezer-Deathwing[Monk(Brew/Mist)]____________Burntfurball-Deathwing[Mage(Fire/Frost)]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:08 pm 
Forum Newb
Forum Newb

Just a heads up that I'll be on tentative raid status for this coming Tuesday the 25th. Have a real life situation to attend to so not 100% sure I'll be here on time. Thank you for your understanding.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:38 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Also one thing, if we're cleansing wisps I should use crow, but if I have to md wisps I should have barrage, so we should try and figure things out beforehand so healers don't get eaten by wisps if they're gonna be there. I prefer cleansing wisps and keeping stacks under 20. less damage from there and then you just minimize damage from trees by stacking, and save cd's for blowing up dragons at 50%, and nuking sisters first cuz they have no health and heal the boss if they're not interrupted. The hard thing is just knowing where to go to cleanse what. sometimes i think it's a tree and it's actually a sister. gah. it's a bit weird in there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Forgot to mention before, I have some IRL stuff today, might be late or late as (#cX tonight

Currently Leveling or Re-Leveling___________________Lorthian-Deathwing[Druid(Resto/Boomkin)]
Worldender-Deathwing[Death Knight(Blood/Unholy)]____Korthren-Deathwing[Demon Hunter(Vengeance/Havoc)]
Kamegeezer-Deathwing[Monk(Brew/Mist)]____________Burntfurball-Deathwing[Mage(Fire/Frost)]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:26 pm 
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

I will not make start time tonight. I'm hopin to be on by 7 server time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:59 pm 
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Running late. 45 mins

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:27 am 
Royal
Royal

Hey guys gratz on the full clear. Im sure u guys know why i couldnt be there :/ due to some unfortunate events...i have no idea when i will be able to return but i will keep you updated. It probably wont be for a while. Sry guys. Ill miss u all

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:10 pm 
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

geez. i'm gone for a week and things go all to hell. hope you come back soon arcia! <3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:33 pm 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

to hell? we killed 7/7h thank you very much. AOTC!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 am 
Royal
Royal

As I mentioned last night, be ready for Mythic tonight! We have more than 20 players so some players WILL sit out through the night. I won't solely be basing my decisions on DPS today as I will prioritize ML and ALT players for the weeknight group over weekend players who want to help out. I want to say in advance: No offense to weekenders, but I have to make sure that we have a group that is viable on our own and long-term; if I have fewer than 20 weeknight players, I will incorporate those weekenders who have A.) Talked to Damn B.) Have strong DPS and C.) Have helped us out most frequently in the past (No looky-loos).

Now that that's out of the way. Tonight's focus will be on the following encounter(s):

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:14 am 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

After watching and reading quite a few Nyth strategies and just observation of how we did last night, there's definitely some things that we could do to add a little bit more organization to our chaos of last night. We did great and all with the chaos but it also had a lot of inconsistencies. The fight will always have some RNG but perhaps we could look into implementing a few things that would reduce chances of misplaced pools, random stacks from people running over others or splashing on others, and reducing some overall movement for our dps would increase our damage which leads to less time waiting on a random chain of bad luck wiping us.

I know I'm still new here and not super well known, so don't want to butt heads with anyone ^^; Progression raiding has always been something I love doing in WoW, my guild was a US top 20-50 when I raided during vanilla/BC/LK. I'd love to be able to assist in helping this raid team succeed any way I can. I love analyzing and finding fixes to issues and just feel a little more organization could make people feel a lot more comfortable in their jobs during the fight. I also enjoy going through logs and have a lot of fun comparing numbers and helping people improve. I've been out of the game for a few years, but I've read up a lot on all the classes, and would have no issue trying to help anyone improve their dps or healing!

So if anyone wants to talk over strategy and toss ideas of how to improve fight execution or their own personal play, I'd love to chat :) This is a great raid team and I've very much been enjoying my return to WoW by running with you guys <3

(Also I think Arcia would love it if I had someone other than her to talk about strategy with xD hehe)

------

Just some general things I noticed and would be things to watch for :
Apparently, she has an 8min enrage, so around the time of the 4th sleep which we almost hit on our best attempt (~26%). Also each sleep is increasing rot targets so it's going to be harder and harder to keep stacks low, acting as a soft enrage mechanic.

When dropping your rot you should stand as close as you can to other rot pools. Just to increase space others have to drop it, also increases safe space to stand in the room.

Melee: Should avoid standing within 8 yards of a tank, if melee gets targeted by rot the first tick will add a stack to the tank, which as we learned last night is something we really want to avoid.
We have a LOT of melee. I think 8 last night? If it's too crowded around the boss, instead of all stacking on each others heads, we could consider pairing them off. Like make 4 melee pairs, so that when rot goes into melee it only hits the target and 1 other instead of 4-5 melee. Makes it both better for stacks and for healing.

Ranged : Make sure you're spread 8 yards from each other, and move the side if someone in front of you gets rot, you'll have time to move back into position before the next one. Also if ranged starts out by standing nearer to the walls you don't have to move as much for rot. Less movement will help you avoid spreading stacks and increases dps.

These would be just some basic things to make rot stacks a bit simpler. If we took an approach to giving melee a specific area to drop rot, ranged could set up and stick to their "spots," meaning when they get rot they'll stay put until it drops, then just move to stand on the outside edge of their new rot. This makes it so only rot movement would be melee players (sorry guys!), massively increasing dps uptime of ranged players and if rot is standing still then it's less likely to spread stacks elsewhere.

Hopefully, this a bit helpful :)

OMGOSH I can add an image - hmm well it's attached at least...one of my ideas xD Another one would be just kinda what we're doing now, but increase dps by just having clean side alternate each sleep. Avoid the movement time of going across the room after sleeps, so that dps can start right back up soon as she's awake again. It's not a dps check fight, but the more dps we can do the less likely rng is going to (#cX us.

Attachments:
CostaWeekday_NythMaybeStrat2.png
CostaWeekday_NythMaybeStrat2.png [ 34.09 KiB | Viewed 635 times ]
CostaWeekday_NythMaybeStrat.png
CostaWeekday_NythMaybeStrat.png [ 29.64 KiB | Viewed 636 times ]

Last edited by Revary on Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 614 Next