Davidfes 27 May
WalterHalse 12 Jan
Kittiez 11 Jan
Noob 22 Nov
Moeazy 07 Nov
Moe 07 Nov
Loregrim 18 Oct
Melyanna 13 Oct

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Pictures!!!! I went through execution logs and watched some replays. This is generally pretty common stuff that happens to deal with Lashers, which seem to be our problem. Which overall just gets summarized into run to the melee if you're fixated...very rarely do melee run to the lashers.

Both pictures are examples of strategies people are using, which splits ranged into 2 groups that loosely spread in an area about the size of the shammy or druid healing circles. Lasher debuff goes out, people on that side will move away from their lasher person, dispel happens, those who get fixated move through boss or in case of melee stand opposite of lashers. Since ranged is already grouped fairly closely CC effects such as Mistweaver Transcendence slow, Shammy Earthbind or Earthgrab totems, Resto druid vortex, and other various pre-emptive slows can be already in place. Ranged switch to lashers, melee cleave + stun them when/if they get into range.

Most people are already cleaving a lot on this fight due to multiple bosses, also melee typically loses much more dps by running too adds vs just having them walk through melee. You also gain the passive tank cleave and slows which all tanks provide. Overall you also gain a lot on boss damage uptime as lashers die mostly to cleave and healing is a bit simpler since ranged are closer for aoe healing.

Main things that have to be watched are fixated ranged need to move back into a range area, and it doesn't matter which unless you're the orb dps, just go back out with the group and ranged not standing along the tank path to prevent movements bringing them into melee.

Userful Stuff
-Earthgrab Totem - rooting and slowing for lashers, all good stuff, should be up everytime.
-Mistweaver Transcendence - puts a 30% slow zone around it, should be place in middle of their group.
-Ring of Peace - Any monk can have this, just place it between lasher and target, 8sec no entry zone for lashers. Gives up the AoE stun, but we already have so many of those the lashers are going immune.
-Traps can be preemptively in place between ranged groups and boss.

We're literally handling all other mechanics fine, even if Angry is a bit squishy. These things will make Lashers simpler to handle, which for some strange reason seem to be our weakness. My pictures also explain stuff that I didn't mention above, so look at them.

Attachments:
BotRoom_YellowLine.png
BotRoom_YellowLine.png [ 130.28 KiB | Viewed 342 times ]
BotRoom_StratSuggest1.png
BotRoom_StratSuggest1.png [ 142.04 KiB | Viewed 342 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:27 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Melodrama follows:

I'm not sure how to start this, so I'm just gonna start typing. I love you all dearly, but I've decided to leave the server. I'll be spending the next bit looking for a new server, and a new guild.

When I first came to WoW I'd only ever played little rpg's I stole from yahoo games, and never told anyone about because only gross nerds played video games. But I found that thing I'd been looking for, I was enthralled, & something solid began to form for me. Then I found BR1, & by extension Calliance. I started getting serious, started raiding, I loved it, and I found people, like me, halfway across a world. And that something solid became a home. At first, like any home, I had to settle in, but I did, & some of my greatest memories are of my wow friends. But then BR1 members started to drift, and my home began to get drafty. Now there's really only 6 of us & I hold them to me like a blanket as the walls fall apart around me, & I know, have known for a long time, that this is not my home anymore. Deathwing is not my home anymore.

I tried so hard to put my head down & plow through this, & Costa made that easy for me. You were almost that second home for me. But I've grown to hate Deathwing. Questing is tedious with the horde & while I originally enjoyed it, I am tired of finding myself putting off something I really want to do because I really don't want to fight horde even more. I don't like change, & as someone who has moved away from, & thereby lost contact with countless friends, I honestly didn't want to do this. It is unspeakably difficult for me. As ridiculous & dramatic as it sounds, I have literally spent years agonizing over this decision. This is like that relationship where you have to break up, because you've realized you're never going to fall in love, but the other person has still grown to be one of your best friends. But I need to do it. I'm not happy here anymore. So I've started the process of interviewing & "trialing" (I just made that word up, you can use it if you want) with other guilds. I don't want to miss out on challenge mode mounts again, or guild achievements, or whatever. I want a guild that is active, that does all the content I want to do, & I want to enjoy questing again. The entire reason I started playing the game. These things are important to me. I think, most importantly though, & the thing I can't emphasize enough, is how much you all mean to me. This is nothing personal on anyone, although it has been a very personal decision for me. Hell, I'm posting on Costa forums, not even BR1 pages, you guys are the only ones left to read this.

Anyone on my btag I'll keep, I hope you do the same, & I hope you want to hang out sometime. Anyone that wants to add me certainly can, just let me know in game. This may take some time, so I'll be around the server for awhile longer.

I love you all,
Broc

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:53 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

But, but... my cheerios! ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:38 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Bonevader wrote:
But, but... my cheerios! ;)

I don't know what you mean by this. I don't eat cheerios. I eat captain crunch like a normal person. The peanut butter kind. But also sometimes the crunch berry kind. Sometimes there is also fruity pebbles, but they go soggy fast which is annoying.
Cheerios... gross.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:22 am 
Royal
Royal

The game is down for the update, but as the MOTD says we will be extending this week to focus on pushing through the final few bosses of Heroic Nighthold. I will have someone who wasn't with the raid on Friday extend so that we can begin with Heroic Tich and Botanist before heading upstairs for some new content. I continue to be in consolidate and push mode and that has to start with:

1.) Botanist who has proven to be a major problem for us.
2.) Player retention which is always a major concern for me and even more so with several key players discussing leaving the group.
3.) Player recruitment (where player retention fails :()

I feel that progress and productivity is the best cure-all for each of these issues and without a clear path forward and true progress I will fail in each. I need each of your help. Even if you know the encounters and know your class take time to look into what you can do to perform better within the botanist encounter. We'll be executing the ranged grouping and focused player positioning strategy that Revary mentioned above and will tweak things from there. My goal will be to Kill the (#cX out of lashers and a big part of that will be in minimizing unnecessary movement and maximizing the effect of AOE damage. Lastly, the focus will be on burning the boss down extremely fast during the final phase. People need to have runes, food, and damage potions. If we can get some vantus runes made before the raid, that would also be worthwhile as I want Botanist down quickly to focus on more important things. Speaking of more important things: The final two fights are NOT going to be pushovers. You'll need to go back through and familiarize yourself with each before the raid because... well... you'll need to know what to do when we get there! I'm not interested in losing time because people haven't done their homework so don't be that guy.

For the next item on the list there are a couple players who I'm focusing on keeping with the team right now (they should know who they are :P) so I will be doing what I can to provide whatever accommodations I can to enhance their ability to enjoy playing the game and raiding within the group. In my conversations to date, I don't think any of these player really wants to leave us so it is all of our jobs to make sure that we provide them with every excuse and opportunity to stick around.

Finally, today with the release of a new patch we have an opportunity to engage in a recruitment push and I'm hoping that everyone will do what they can to get the word out that we're recruiting and bring additional people into the fold for both the weeknight and weekend groups. We need Tanks, Healers, and DPS. I don't mind picking up developmental player, but we need to be honest about available opportunities. The weekend group might do a Normal Clear on Saturday, but this week they'll be pivoting to focus on Heroic so the ideal situation would be for new players to be geared through normal Nighthold already.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:46 pm 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

may run late tonight

Currently Leveling or Re-Leveling___________________Lorthian-Deathwing[Druid(Resto/Boomkin)]
Worldender-Deathwing[Death Knight(Blood/Unholy)]____Korthren-Deathwing[Demon Hunter(Vengeance/Havoc)]
Kamegeezer-Deathwing[Monk(Brew/Mist)]____________Burntfurball-Deathwing[Mage(Fire/Frost)]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:29 pm 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

More tips for you guys.

Tich - Tank him in the back of the room, opposite of where he stands. Adds spawn in same spot and so tanks will be right there, also big guy in P3 will literally walk right into the melee pile.
Less melee movement the better.

Botanist - Don't do anything that Roots the adds, stuns and slows are fine, but if you root them they'll jump on the nearest target. (So Earthgrab Totem and Frost Nova are bad.)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:43 am 
Royal
Royal

Good job last night guys. We only had one attempt where we got to Phase 2, so make sure take time today looking at POV videos for Grand Magistrix Elisande and get as comfortable as you can with ring movement. Also, bring A LOT of consumables. We wasted a lot of time at the start of the raid last night and I want to make up for it tonight with fast pacing and not a lot of time between pulls. Even if one or two people come to the raid understanding everything with the stars aligned, I think it'll take quite a few pulls to get her down and we need to get at it.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 am 
Royal
Royal

One more note: With Nymn stepping back from weeknights, I need someone to log for the raid.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:08 am 
Forum Troll
Forum Troll

I have a meeting for work tonight that ends at 9 PM eastern time so I'll probably be on around 9:30 for raid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:01 am 
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

King_Fate wrote:
One more note: With Nymn stepping back from weeknights, I need someone to log for the raid.

If whoever decides to do this needs help just let me know. It's not that hard, but is a little overwhelming first time you look at it :p

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:32 am 
Royal
Royal

Bugs with Magistrix were frustrating last night, but as I said when I called it short: I feel like people were doing an amazing job of switching targets and dodging rings. Please be available and help out with the weekend group (Some of you may need to use an alt or an off-spec). I'd like to see the weekend group get cleared through all of the encounters we didn't do and, if the bugs are fixed, I'd love to see Magistrix go down by the end of the weekend.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:01 pm 
Forum Newb
Forum Newb

Hi all. Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be away for some of the evening this coming Tuesday the 18th. I'll try and make it for the last hour of raiding if I get back in time. Thank you for your understanding.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:38 pm 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Yo rock! I was all ready for your big log in my face last night. What happened? You violated my trust... AGAIN! ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:33 am 
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

I'm gonna miss raid the next two weeks. I'm traveling
Have fun. :)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 Next